Thursday, January 25, 2024

NaMoPaiMo Preparations

This year is the first time I will be participating!

I’m pretty excited. I chose to challenge myself not only with the paint job, but with sculpting, too! I decided to resculpt an artist resin that was in really rough condition. He was stored in my closet for almost four years- waiting for me to be skilled enough to work on him!










You can see how bad of a cast he was by looking at the left side of his face. His left ear was only partially cast, which is repaired in this photo. I also added some cheek detailing.




I sculpted the missing parts of his tail, and then made his ears symmetrical. Various other (large) holes on his legs were filled in as well.




I dremeled out his eye sockets (ouch, poor pony!), and began working on making new eyes for him. His old eyes weren't going to match his future breed assignment, as they were a bit too hooded. I also added a forelock!






Took my official NaMoPaiMo entry photo (ah! a real person! scary!), and then he got primed! I did not expect the primer to be silver, but, it won't do anything but help with his planned color, lol.


I can't wait to start painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment